Life is an adventure: MNatti in NZ

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

All's well in Taupo.
The job is going a lot smoother these days. They have conceded to the fact that I really do know what I'm doing. I got a raise after 2 weeks and am now making just shy of what I was in Palmy. Considering the money I'm saving in petrol to drive up to Taupo from Palmy every other week.... it all works out. We've been doing a few cool jobs, including the removal of 5 MASSIVE pine trees. The tallest of the lot was easily 150 feet tall! The crew is a bit green, but fast learners and everyone is fun (most of the time) to work with.
The rock climbing scene is also going quite well. I have a great crew in town, who are all keen as mustard to get out and develop stuff. We have "discovered" or RE discovered 7 areas in the past few weeks and are currently heavily stuck in to 1 crag in particular. It is located on Mangamingi road and it is HARD climbing. We have affectionately dubbed it "Man Crag!" The 200 bolts we were originally given are running dangerously low and sadly we will have to pay from here on in, but at least the store will be supplying us with them at cost.
Besides that.... I'm pretty much just plodding along. I've spent WAY too much money at the local Tex-Mex joint in town (yes, there is a Tex-Mex in Taupo of all places), but how can you blam me?!? I spent 2 years in Palmerston North, where "hot" was strictly outlawed and the concept of "Mexican" brought fears of little gun toating men with guns and donkeys! Ah well, I'm obviously in the right spot...... for now!
Luvs you all and hope you are enjoying life. Get out and do something FUN!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home