Life is an adventure: MNatti in NZ

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I guess I'm about due for a new post..... I hate to keep my "fans" waiting! So let's see, where to begin?
Life in New Zealand kicks arse, though I went through a bit of a depressed stage when I got back from the US. Being home made me realise how much I had (have) there and as soon as I got back to NZ, I felt a bit homesick. On top of that, I arrived with a slightly bunged up foot AND had to get my appendix ripped out so I was mostly confined to my couch for a bit. As you all probably know (or could at least figure out from all my past posts), I do not take sitting still well. In fact, there are few things I like less than being stuck indoors.... especially if it is with just myself!
I got to do a whole lot of self evaluation while I was "down and out" and tried to figure out what I needed to change to put things on the up swing again. (One of my BIGGEST pet peaves is people who get upset about there current situation, but stagnate in it so long that it pecomes accepted as norm..... life is too short to not have fun!)
Palmerston North has served me well over the past 2 years.... but it is time for a change. Things that have always been lacking in Palmy for me have been rocks that are easy access, a good music scene and an ample suply of "close" adventures. Sooooo..... I've done a bit of shopping around and my plan is to move to Taupo by the New Year.
Taupo has great bush (woods/ forests), HEAPS of good rock (quite a few of the areas I've done development at are within an hours drive), a cool nightlife (I hope to find a few musicians to play with), is close to the BIG mountain, is RIGHT on the BIG lake and best of all.... it has a large quantity of free, natural hotpools!!!
So... I have gotten a job, and I'm in the process of saving a bit of money (no easy feet for me) to buy a van, rent a flat and start the moving process. Although there are a few things I still need to take care of (like renewing my work visa etc), it seems like things are once again moving in a posative direction for me. Hell, it seems that 2 years is all I've really been able to sit still in one place for most of my life anyways.... I guess this is no real suprise to those who know me.
On that note.... a VERY tenative "longer" term plan is to give Europe a try. I'm thinking of looking into the arboricultural industry in the UK, as that I've heard the demand is high over there and the pay is AWESOME. I realise that England is probably not THE spot to be in Europe.... but it is an english speaking country and it would offer PLENTY of travel oppertunities for me. On top of that (and this is the BIG reason)..... it is a whole lot cheaper AND quicker to fly back home for a visit. For the same reasons..... I may ACTUALLY get some of the Holmes crew or my family to visit ME for a change!!!!
Ok... so that's news. Loves to the world. Keep living life to the fullest!

1 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Blogger Dancin Fool said...

Hello! Been looking at fellow arborists around the blogging globe and saw your profile. So considering swapping NZ for UK?!?!?!?!?!?

Well the money being awesome I cannot comment on as I am not sure what you make there but there is certainly plenty of work both as a climber and a consultant at the moment.

Anyway, here are a couple of links to arb agencies over here that may be of help.

http://www.earborist.com/?gclid=CMm5ir76v44CFQxmMAodexTUzg

http://www.completetreecare.co.uk/ctcr_content.html

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home