Life is an adventure: MNatti in NZ

Sunday, September 30, 2007

I am happy to anounce that my plans in Kiwiland are moving in a very posative direction. I have gotten a job, after a very laid back interview, with a treaa company in Taupo. Their name is Plateau Tree Services and they CLAIM to be the best in the Central North Island. In fact, their goal is to be the best in the country!
So far, the introductory pay rate is sufficient.... but hopefully I can prove that I am worth a bit more with in a short period of time (I like having play money!). I recently met a good crew of climbers from the Taupo area, so at least I know I'll have a good group to go out and hit the rocks with while I'm up there. My next big hurdle is to suss up my new work visa and find a place to live. I think I may go hermit style again (at least for a while) as that I've always enjoyed my own space when I need it. Sure, I've had plenty of flatmates.... but I like to get to know them BEFORE I move in! On a side note, related to the new place, a good mate of mine here is moving to Canada and has no way of shipping his entire climbing wall!!!!! Oh, I GUESS I can help out a friend in need!
Besides that, life in Palmy has been much the same. It is spring now, which means it is getting a bit warmer and a BIT less rainy. The days are finally long enough that afterwork climbing sessions are on again, and my buddy Claydon and I have been busy putting up new sport routes in the local gorge. Oh.... on that note, a bit of new exitement for me was that I finally bought my own cordless hammer drill (for drilling holes in concrete, rock etc.) which means that NO rock in New Zealand is safe anymore!!!!
I will admit that I am starting to get a bit sad as that my adorable ladyfriend will be leaving NZ as of the beginning of November..... but we both knew it was coming, I guess. As I've said before, she is definitely a bit younger than me, but we have been SUPER happy together up to this point. I guess I am of the opinion that even if we end up just being good, long distance friends who have VERY fond memories of one another..... that is just fine. I'd rather have had an AWESOME relationship for a short while than a lousy one for a long time. Not to say that has happened to ME.... but too many people have suffered that fate.
So..... I guess that's me for know. Hope all are well in the world. I luvz ya all to death!!!! Keep living life for today and make the best of tomorrow too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home