Life is an adventure: MNatti in NZ

Thursday, August 02, 2007

So the New England portion of the visit back to the states is at an end. I have to say, it was an enormous success. Claydon and I got in some incredible climbing through out the region, including the Gunks in NY, 2 days up at Rumney NH (sport climbing mecca of New England), Pawtuckaway State Forest NH (boulders gallour) and of course..... Cathederal Ledge in Conway NH. Sadly, I was unable to do too much climbing after our last day at Rumney as that I took a decent fall towards the end of the second day and my foot is STILL a bit sore. I am hopefull it isn't broken, but I have yet to go to the doctors..... so it can't be THAT bad!
The final "hurrah" for the trip was certainly Holmes Safari. It was a great party this year. Once again, it made me realise just how lucky I am.... I really do have great friends and getting to spend that much quality time with SO MANY quality people is always a treat. I want to publicly say that my buddy Nick Steglich, who host the party every year, has got to be one of the coolest dudes in the whole world as that he faithfully keeps track of all of us "holmses" and manages to organise a truely kicking party for all of us each year.
Anyways, after the party Claydon shipped off for NZ and I am just about packed to head to Indiana to catch up with me mum. I miss life back in NZ quite a lot..... but being back home made me realise that I was/ am a bit home sick. There is so much here in New England that I love and miss.... but at least I know it will all still be here for me when ever I come back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home