Life is an adventure: MNatti in NZ

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Last weekend was a CORKER. It was my 3rd time up to the National Bouldering Series boulder comp at the "Airstrip" in Waitomo. I probably didn't place TOO high... but as I've come to discover, it is more about catching up with old mates and meeting new people. The day was a bit wet, so we spent a lot of time playing on the dry, overhanging lines and having fun greasing of the wet problems. After the comp, my crew of climbers invited the lot down to our new cliff (which has a free campground, flush toilets, bbq pits and a river at it) for an after hours party. We managed to get about 30 people to come check out the new routes and over 15 of them spent the night as well.
Sadly... this weekend was the final flight of my Nissan truck. After JUST getting the radiator serviced.... the poor thing over heated, blew a hole in the rad. and blew the head gasket as well. Ah well... $1000 truck, at least it lasted a LITTLE while! I am currently in search of a decent van... as that I have come to the conclusion that they suite my lifestyle much better. Plus, simple is better. Having a 4x4 is cool and all, but there are a lot more things t0 screw up on the as well (words of wisdom from my pops!)
Besides that... alls good. It is the peak of summer here, so it is hot as blazes. Work is plodding along (I've actually been putting in 10-11 hour days lately) and i guess I really don't have much to complain about.
Miss you all heaps. Y'all should come visit. Peace, love and climbing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home