Life is an adventure: MNatti in NZ

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Oh dear... I've been a BAD Natti. Can it be that I let this thing slip for 2 whole months?!? Well... here it is- Life is good. I've been plodding along at Cape Ann Tree, which is probably one of the best places to work in the whole world. I've been getting out and climbing a bit, though probably not as much as I should be.
The BIG climbing related news was that I attended the Nor'Easter a few weeks ago. Basically, the weekend consisted of 500+ "average Joe" rock climbers hanging out at the Tenny Mountain ski base lodge (10 minutes from Rumney, an international sport climbing destination in New Hampshire) to listen to live music, look at all the cool new stuff various vendors/ sponsors had on display, watch unreleased climbing films as well as getting to hang out with a hanfull of the top climbers in the world. The original goal for the weekend was also to do a bit of a clean-up at the cliff, as well as getting to see "the big boys" play on some of the hardest routes in the world! Unfortunately, the weather for the wwekend was... less than ideal. In fact, it rained almost the entire time. I have to admit, I was quite proud of climbers as a whole because they all just sucked it up and dealt with it. We all put on our rain gear, pitched our expensive (4 season) tents and enjoyed the weekend. Of course, good music, great company and a fair amount of adult beverages will make anything a bit more tolerable!
In other news... it is hunting season. I have to admit, I do love chasing bambi! So far, my luck has not been so good (I've only seen 3 deer in 2 weeks and they were all WELL out of bow range) but any exuse to hang out in the woods during New England autum is really ok with me.
That's all for now, Dad's calling me to the dinner table. Keep on living... don't just live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home