Life is an adventure: MNatti in NZ

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's close to a month... I suppose it's time to post SOMETHING! The first part of the month was wet, wet, wet. Work was good, regardless of the rain (it was on and off), but I got next to no rock climbing in. Gutted! Thankfully the last bit of the month has finally dried up and the climbing has been great. I met up a few times this month with my Kiwi buddies Tom and Philipa and showed them around a few of my old "local" haunts.
I have managed to find myself a band to play with! You should all check out http://www.machine475.com/ to see how cool they are. I have also been pimping myself out to a few other bands in the area... folks are starting to call me a didgeridoo slut! What can I say, I LOVE playing the damm thing.
Ok.... now the BIG news- it seems my family REALLY want me to stick around. My pops and my aunt have offered to sign over a 4 acre lot on the Natti 40 acre homestead in Gloucester, MA. It is actually the original lot that my grandparents had there house on. It is nestled deep in the woods, almost a mile from the main road and ubutting all of Dogtown (a 500 acre plot of publicly owned land). To add to an already amazing offer, my cousin (just down the road) owns a saw mill and has offered to mill all the timber I need. This means I can build a post and beam house on 4 acres, practically for free! As much as I love New Zealand..... it seems like an offer I can't refuse. The fam is also trying to find me an attractive, single lady to tie me down.... though I figure that will come in good time. I'm still in no REAL rush to settle (unless you're interested!).
So that's the news that comes to mind. I hope everyone is doing awesome and continuing to have good adventures. Love to everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home