Life is an adventure: MNatti in NZ

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Ok, the official post time keeps being reset on me, so... from here on in, add a day to all the posts. Where as the time and date listed is 9:55 am on Sunday, it is actually 6:55am Monday.
Ok, so I FINALLY got out of Palmerston North this weekend! A few Kiwis that I actaully met at the local pub, took pity on me and brought me up to Mt Egmont in the distict of Taranaki. This was the mountain peak used in the movie "The Last Samurai."
Pushing 3000 meters, she was certainly a good hike. We actually opted NOT to summit her as that the last 1000 meters above the hut we were staying at was still snow capped and VERY steep, so we decided that with out hte proper gear it would be silly to make a stab at it. We may go back next weekend, or we may head up a neighboring mountain.... honestly, I again care less WHERE we go, as long as we go SOMEWHERE!!! I did get a bunch of photos this time, so as soon as I figure out how to upload them... I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home