Life is an adventure: MNatti in NZ

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

So... today was the first day at "Guardian Tree Service." It was a good day involving a crane assisted takedown of a big pine tree over a shed, a few "nip and tucks" on a red gum (eucalyptus) and a poplar tree, and then removing a VERY large widow maker from a town tree at the end of the day. Thankfully I was on the ground for the crane job, but I did get airbourne for the euc' and the big pine hanger.
As that I don't have a car yet, I have been going a bit stir crazy with out work to keep me busy. As most of the people reading this know, I am VERY active and high energy so sitting around on my duff was definitely getting to me. I have walked around the majority of the main city enough already to assure I will never get lost in it! The rock gym has been a good outlet for me, but spending a good solid day hiking up trees and hauling brush is what I really needed.
To reward myself for a good "honest" day, I am currently woofing down a plate of "classic" New Zealand food.... a mega-plate of fish and chips. The fish/ Chinese take out joint down the street offers a fish plate special which consits of 2 fish fillets, chicken nuggets, french fries (chips) and a hotdog, all for $6.50 kiwi dollars!!! Icky (my pet tape worm) is in tenth heaven here! But wait, there is more..... as if we thought a hotdog was a nasty little morsel of questionable health value before.... they DEEP FRY them here!!!
I flirted my way into a handfull of climbing posters from the local climbing store the other day. It is nice to have more than just blank walls to look at now. The corker is that they are all pictures of these great international climbing destinations...... it wasn't until I got home and was putting them up that I realised one of them was Rumney! The home turf is represented....Yeah Dog! Even in NZ, land of adventure, New England rock still RULES!

1 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger and i said...

i thought you couldn't get a work visa... but perhaps i've said too much... we miss you kid--glad things are starting to happen for ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home