Life is an adventure: MNatti in NZ

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Ok, so a late week in review..... last week I did the usual work routine. There was a lot of rain, so I did the usual work routine and got wet. Friday I had planned on going out to the gorge to climb but it rained (again) so I went to a mates house who ended uo getting us invited to a dinner party where we went and ate or fill of home made kebabs and vodka gimlets.
Saturday morning I woke up, popped an aspirine, and made plans to get on with the day. I did my shopping, went to the library, played my didge in the park and made plans to go to the gorge. As I rounded the bend to the rocks in the gorge, the sky opened up and rained for almost an hour. I took advantage of the fact that I COULDN'T climb and hiked around in search of other cool stuff. After getting totally soaked (and a bit cold) I headed back home, a bit depresed. The evening involved a hot shower and a movie.
Sunday I had plans to go to Welly to go bouldering. My climb partner decided before climbing, he needed to jump out of a plane. He assured me it would not take to long as that he would be falling at 9.8 meters per second squared. We zipped down the road to a skydive jump spot and waited for him to get a spot on a plane. We waited and waited, then he got in flew up and jumped out. It is a bizarre activity, though I can't deny that it really does look pretty cool.
By 3 pm we had finished and FINALLY headed to the rocks. Due to the delays at the dropzone, we had to change our climbing destination. The spot we ended up going was actually quite cool and a good find as that it is only about an hour drive from Palmy. There was some pretty hard as bouldering there, along with a handful of decent bolted sport climbs.
All in all, it was not the MOST eventful weekend to date, but htey can't ALL be epics. I definitely had fun though. Pukerua Bay (the climbing spot), like many of the good climbing areas here, has loads of potential for establishing some new routes and the local alpine club is actually going to be offering a course this coming season on proper bolting technique.... which I hope to attend. So that's news........ plenty more to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home